Make a difference in your community by becoming a citizen member on one of the following committees, conservation authorities, boards, sub-committee or commission. The City could greatly benefit from your expertise and knowledge.
Several positions are available and one of the following may be of interest to you:
- Ottawa Board of Health (5 members)
- Ottawa Police Services Board (1 member)
- Ottawa Public Library Board (5 members)
- Committee of Adjustment (15 members)
- Transit Commission (*4 members)
- Built Heritage Sub-Committee (*3 members)
- Property Standards and License Appeals Committee (5 members)
- Shaw Centre – Board of Directors (*2 members)
- Rideau Valley Conservation Authority (*5 members)
- South Nation Conservation (*2 members)
- Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority (*3 members)
- Mohr’s Landing / Quyon Port Authority (1 member)
- Accessibility Advisory Committee (*9 to 15 members)
- Arts, Culture, Heritage and Recreation Advisory Committee (*9 to 11 members)
- Environmental Stewardship Advisory Committee (*9 to 11 members)
- French Language Services Advisory Committee (*7 to 11 members)
- Planning Advisory Committee (*12 members)
* Subject to the Term of Council Governance review and/or Nominating Committee process.
Who is eligible? You must be a resident of the City of Ottawa and must be 18 years of age or older in order to be eligible for appointment. Membership will, as much as possible, reflect Ottawa’s diversity and demographics in such areas as gender, official language, geographic representation, race and disability. Participants may be eligible for re-imbursement of some out-of-pocket expenses.
Note: Employees of the City of Ottawa are not eligible for positions as citizen members on committees, conservation authorities, boards, sub-committee or commission.
For more information: Visit ottawa.ca/committees or contact Carole Legault at 613-580-2424, ext. 28934, (TTY: 613-580-2401) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
An Open House/Information Session will be held on Thursday, November 29, 2018 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at Ben Franklin Place, Main Lobby 101 Centrepointe Drive Nepean, ON K2G 5K7
All applicants are encouraged to review the recruitment information and apply using the online form available at ottawa.ca/committees. Alternate application formats are available upon request. All applications must be submitted by Thursday, December 13, 2018 at 4:30 pm.