I would like to take a moment to remind residents of the following schedule changes for Labour Day, Monday, September 5.
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, September 6.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, September 6.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For persons with a hearing-related disability, call TTY: 613-580-2401.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection:
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling or garbage collection on Labour Day. Labour Day’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, September 6. In addition, the collection of green bin, recycling materials and garbage will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week. For curbside collection enquiries, refer to the collection calendar tool.
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply during this time.
- OC Transpo will operate a Sunday schedule and the DayPass will be valid as a Family DayPass. A family or group may travel all day with a DayPass which can be purchased for $8.50 from the bus operator when you board. A family/group can include up to six people with a maximum of two individuals aged 13 or older.
- New fall service goes into effect on Sunday, September 4. New timetables are available at octranspo.com and octranspo.mobi. Call 613-560-1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for real-time schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, phone 613-741-4390 or visit octranspo.com.
- OC Transpo Customer Service Centres will be open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Lincoln Fields, Place d’Orléans and St. Laurent, and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Rideau Centre.
- Para Transpo operations:
- Customer service (613-842-3681) – closed
- Administration (613-244-1289) – closed
- Taxi coupons (613-842-3670) – closed
- Reservations line (613-244-7272) – open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Trip cancellation and general inquiries (613-244-4636) – open 6 a.m.to 12:30 a.m.
- Some indoor pools and fitness centres will be open for public swimming, public skating and fitness classes with modified schedules. Please check with ottawa.ca or the facility of your choice for details.
- Public skating will be offered at Jim Durrell Recreation Complex. Please check with ottawa.ca for details.
- All beaches and splash pads will be open, weather permitting, but unsupervised.
- Most registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas are cancelled; however, clients should check with their facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
Ottawa Public Health:
- The Sexual Health Centre and Satellite Clinics will be closed.
- The Dental Clinics and Well Baby Drop-in will be closed.
- Site program – Site office at 179 Clarence Street will be closed; however, the site mobile van will be operating on a regular schedule from 5 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Municipal child care services:
- City-operated Child Care Centres will be closed.
Ottawa Public Library:
- All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, September 6.
I hope that all residents have a safe and enjoyable Labour Day long weekend!