FOR THE PURPOSE OF CONSTRUCTION
In accordance with The Road Activity By-law 2003-445, permission is hereby granted for you to close the following roadway:
On: Manchester Street From: Long Meadow Way To: Forest Heights Ave.
Under the following conditions:
- Wednesday, 14 November 2018 Friday, 7 December 2018.
- Notify affected residents/businesses, in writing, a minimum of 72 hours prior to the closure. The notification must be bilingual and include a description of any temporary changes to local access and/or parking.
- Install “Road Closed – Local Traffic Only – No Exit” (TC-7(bar) + TC-7tA + TC-7tB + TC-39) signage on Manchester, immediately east of Forest Heights, facing eastbound traffic.
- Install “Road Closed – Local Traffic Only – No Exit” (TC-7(bar) + TC-7tA + TC-7tB + TC-39) signage on Manchester, immediately west of Long Meadow, facing westbound traffic.
- Provide “Road Closed – Do Not Enter” (Rb-92) on both ends of the work zone facing oncoming traffic.
- Maintain pedestrian access and provide pedestrian detours if necessary.
- Maintain access to adjacent dwellings and businesses at all times. This includes emergency vehicle access.
- Contact the City’s Right of Way Permits Unit (Heather Bond: 613-580-2424 ext. 16051) if the date of closure changes from that stated on the application. This includes early opening of the roadway.
- At any time during the work, the City Traffic Management Inspector, at his/her discretion, may require the contractor to supply and install additional traffic control devices (signs, barrels etc) and/or retain point duty police to control traffic. The contractor is responsible for all costs.