Getting your flu shot helps stop the spread of the flu and save others whose health is potentially at high risk should they get sick with influenza. There are many ways those who live, work, and attend school in Ottawa can access the publicly-funded flu vaccine:
- At community clinics across the city; visit ca/flu
- Through your regular healthcare provider
- At participating pharmacies; visit ca/flu (For adults and children over 5
- At Ottawa Public Health clinics for children under 5 years of age; call 613-580-6744 to book an appointment.
In addition to receiving the flu vaccine, here are important reminders to stop the spread of the flu:
- Wash hands with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your arm, not your hand.
- Avoid crowds, public gatherings and stay at home if you are sick.
- Do not visit hospitalized patients if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms.