I would like to commend a Stittsville resident, whose name shall remain anonymous at this time, whose fast actions saved the lives of her neighbours this past Thursday morning. At 5:30 a.m. the resident smelled smoke coming from a home on Smoketree Crescent. Realizing there was a fire occurring in the home’s garage, the resident immediately called 911 then ran to the home’s front door and rang the doorbell repeatedly. She shouted to alert the occupants. Fortunately the resident was able to wake everyone inside and evacuate them to safety. Fire teams had the blaze under control within 20 minutes.
This is a wonderful example of the great community we live in – neighbours watching out for neighbours. I along with the family are truly grateful for the quick actions of both the resident and our Emergency Services.