I wanted to take a quick moment to provide an update regarding the West End Pumping Station Decommissioning and By-Pass Sewers project. The project limits include Fringewood Pump Station, John Street Pump Station, Cedarow Pump Station, Echowoods Pump Station and Joseph Circle Pump Station.
This project includes diverting sanitary flows from the five (5) existing pump stations in the Stittsville area for the pump stations to be decommissioned. This will be completed by installing by-pass sanitary sewers at each pump station location. Following installation and commissioning of the by-pass sewers, the pump stations will be decommissioned and demolished. The scope of work for each pump station includes the following:
- Fringewood Pump Station: Sewer By-Pass / PS Decommissioning
- John Street Pump Station: PS Decommissioning (By-Pass Sewers by others)
- Cedarow Pump Station: Sewer By-Pass / PS Decommissioning
- Echowoods Pump Station: PS Decommissioning (By-Pass Sewers by others)
- Joseph Circle Pump Station: Sewer By-Pass / PS Decommissioning
Construction is scheduled from spring 2019 to early winter 2019.
As part of the project, some exploratory work is required. This work involves drilling of holes along the right of way to expose utilities at two locations. The locations are:
- Hazeldean Rd at Cedarow Court – this will involve a lane closure on Hazeldean Rd and traffic control by police.
- Fringewood (just south of Hazeldean Rd) – There will be traffic control on Fringewood. Traffic on Hazeldean Rd will not be impacted.
Badger Daylighting Inc. will be undertaking this work. It will take place late this week or early next week and is expected to last 2 days.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me should residents have any concerns.