I would like to take a moment to thank all residents from Fringewood Drive who have recently reached out to my office and attended the public meeting with recommendations on road improvements. I have shared your comments with City staff and this week, I am pleased to share that I received word back from the City.
Staff will be posting information about the Road Modifications Approval project on the City’s website on Monday, June 11th, for approximately 4 weeks for public consultation. This report provides the background, rationale and description of the improvements proposed for Fringewood Drive based on feedback provided by my office on behalf of the community. As discussed at the public meeting on May 1st, the proposed project consists of:
- A new concrete sidewalk on the west side of Fringewood Drive from just north of Azurite Crescent to Harry Douglas Drive; and
- A new asphalt paved shoulder:
- On the east side of Fringewood Drive from just north of Azurite Crescent to approximately 180m south of Hazeldean; and
- On the west side of Fringewood Drive from just north of Azurite Crescent to approximately 65m south of Hazeldean Road.
The new sidewalk will be located along the alignment of the existing curb. The paved shoulders will be constructed by paving the existing gravel shoulders and striping an edge line along the road.
The proposed changes to Fringewood Drive will:
- Improve conditions for cycling;
- Improve bus stop access; and
- Improve pedestrian safety and comfort by providing a better space for walking.
The project is currently in the planning stage. This will be followed by the design phase starting later in 2018. The schedule for construction will be determined as part of the design phase.
The drawing below shows the location of the proposed paved shoulders and sidewalk.
When the link for consultation goes online on Monday, I will be certain to share it with the community through my social media channels as well as my electronic newsletter next week.