Over the last couple of months, you may have noticed some speed boards across the community of Stittsville. These were administered upon request from residents with concerns regarding speeding in the area in coordination between my office and Traffic staff.
I have just received the speed data results from Q1 (Jan-March 2018) and I am now happy to share them with the community.
Please be advised that:
- There may be gaps in the data due to lack of adequate sunlight on a particular day to power a specific Speed Display Board;
- Staff are continuing to work with the vendor of the boards to further develop the reporting capabilities.
The results are as follows:
- Alon Street (SB from Mika to Valerie)
- Hartsmere Drive (EB from Arrowwood to Friendly)
- Huntmar Drive (NB from Hazeldean to Coriolis)
- Huntmar Drive (SB from Brigatine to Coriolis)
- Rosehill Ave (EB from Burnaby to Etesian)
- Rosehill Ave (WB from Etesian to Burnaby)
- West Ridge Drive (NB from Ballyboy to Ballyhaise)
I encourage interested residents to review the attached data. As your councillor, speeding in our community is a big concern of mine. If you are concerned about speeding on your street, please email me at Shad.Qadri@ottawa.ca and I will try to arrange an opportunity to meet with you and measure speeds with my speed radar gun.