May is Bike to Work Month so it’s time to clean those chains, tighten those wheels, and dust off that seat!
Bike to Work Month offers over $10,000 worth of daily prizes to people who sign up and log their bike commutes! Whether you already bike to work, or want to try for the very first time (even if it’s just once the whole month!), try your hand at a more active and greener way to get around!
Participation is simple:
- Sign up at biketoworkottawa.ca
- Register your team or choose to join an existing team.
- Bike to work! Bike part of the way! Bike to your Transit Stop! Once a week or every day, it all adds up!
- Feel proud and track your commute by logging in and adding your distance to the team roster every week.
- Cross your fingers and hope to win one of the great prizes!
Bike to Work Month is organized by EnviroCentre in partnership with the City of Ottawa and is in its 9th year! In fact, in May 2017, 2700 participants biked enough to save 87,302 kg greenhouse gas emissions from being created. That is equivalent to driving a car for 18 years!
I highly encourage all residents to get involved and give it a try! Be sure to check out the new bike repair station at Village Square Park for all the tune-ups your ride requires.