I would like to sincerely thank everyone who took the time to submit their nominations for this year’s Stittsville Appreciation Awards so far. Your thoughtful submissions go a long way toward making those special citizens, youth, seniors, teachers, and businesses feel appreciated. As some residents have approached me requesting a few extra days, I am happy to share that the deadline for nominations for this year’s Stittsville Appreciation Awards has been EXTENDED one week!
The new deadline for submissions is Sunday, April 15th at midnight. This is YOUR LAST CHANCE, to help recognize the incredible youth, seniors, businesses, teachers, or outstanding residents that help to make Stittsville what it is.
The 10th Annual Awards Celebration helps to celebrate a milestone in Stittsville’s modern history post-amalgamation. What began as a small way to show a neighbor or friend your appreciation has evolved into a wondrous celebration each year at the Goulbourn Recreation Complex where Stittsville is able to honour and showcase its very best.
One look at the wall of fame in the GRC main foyer sheds some light on how even the smallest acts of kindness can mean a lot to our little Stittsville family.
It’s easy to show someone in our community your appreciation! This is your opportunity to bring their special contributions and achievements to light and recognize the excellence that exists within Stittsville!
Nominations must be received by Sunday April 15th!
- The Roger Griffiths Memorial Citizen of the Year is awarded to an individual who best exemplifies community involvement and participation.
- The Senior of the Year is awarded in recognition of a senior citizen who has made a significant and long-standing contribution to our community.
- The Youth of the Year is presented to an individual who contributes leadership, volunteer service, serves as a peer example, and has overcome personal challenges or responds in an emergency situation.
- The Business of the Year is awarded to a Stittsville business that has contributed significantly to our quality of life.
- The Teacher of the Year recognizes an outstanding teacher in our community who has helped to make a longstanding impact on the community by leaving a lasting impression on shaping the young minds of Stittsville’s future generation.
For further qualifications on these awards, I encourage you to review the attached nomination form.
Nominate someone in all five categories or as many as you like! The choice is yours!
Winners will be announced at the Appreciation Awards celebrations, which will be held on Tuesday May 17th commencing at 7:00pm at the Goulbourn Recreation Complex.
Nomination forms will be reviewed by a pre-determined selection committee so remember to be as descript as possible in your nomination and don’t leave anything out! Strong applications rely on content so you do not have to be the world’s best writer to show someone your appreciation.
I encourage everyone to fill out the attached form and email it to me at Shad.Qadri@ottawa.ca or print the form for either drop off at my ward office in the Goulbourn Recreation Complex or mailed to 110 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 1J1. Please include a detailed, written submission outlining why you are nominating a particular individual or business.