The Ottawa 2018 Summer Student Employment Program is now open and will be accepting online applications from February 1 to February 28, 2018.
If you are interested in taking on exciting challenges and making a difference in your community, explore the City of Ottawa’s summer job opportunities in a wide range of fields, a few of which include:
- Administrative Support/Customer Service
- Buildings, Roads, Forestry and Maintenance
- By-Law Services
- Collections and Archives (Heritage)
- Community and Social Services
- Environmental Sciences
- Finance and Accounting
- Information Technology Services
- Library Services
- Marketing and Communications
- Recreation, Cultural and Facility Services
- Public Health Services
- Traffic, Parking and Transportation Services
To be eligible for the Summer Student Employment Program, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- be 16 years of age or older by the first day of summer employment (For employment with the Ottawa Public Library you must be 15 years of age or older);
- be enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary program or institution of higher learning on a full-time basis, returning to school or graduating that same year; and
- if a part-time student in university or college, your transcript must indicate that the course of study is leading you to a degree or diploma.
I highly encourage all eligible youth to consider applying for a great future career improving the City you live in! The City of Ottawa would like to extend a thank you to all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://ottawa.ca/en/city-hall/jobs-city/summer-employment-recruitment
Looking for more opportunities? You can also check out positions from the Federal Student Work Experience Program at https://www.canada.ca/en/public-service-commission/jobs/services/recruitment/students/federal-student-work-program.html or Ontario student job positions at https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Pages/SEODatesAndResources.aspx