I would like to take a moment to share a special initiative coming to Landmark Cinemas presented by the Rotary Club of Stittsville.
From January 22nd-May 28th, residents can enjoy a series of high quality films that have been featured at the Toronto International Film Festival. This film series is one of three major fundraising activities that the Rotary Club of Ottawa-Stittsville holds each year.
All films will be screened at Landmark Cinemas (801 Kanata Ave, Kanata). Passes for all 5 films will be sold for $55 and can be purchased by contacting Leo Maiorino at 613-371-6975 or email@example.com;
Or any member of the Rotary Club of Ottawa-Stittsville. For those that can’t make the first film on January 22nd, pro-rated passes will be sold for the remaining films in the series.
The 7:00 and 7:15 showings are already sold out but tickets are still available for 4:00 PM. Dates for each film showing are:
26-Feb-2018 SAMI BLOOD
26-Mar-2018 TULIPANI: LOVE, HONOUR AND A BICYCLE
23-Apr-2018 MEDITATION PARK
28-May-2018 C’EST LA VIE
The funds raised will be applied to the various service projects initiated by the club. The club’s past service projects have included:
- The Ottawa Youth Drug Treatment Centre ($30,000 donation completed)
- The Rotary Peace Park in Stittsville
- Ruddy-Shenkman Hospice in Kanata ($10,000 donation completed)
- Sending high-school students to the Rotary Youth Leadership Development Program
- High School Bursaries
- Providing Dictionaries to Elementary School Students
- International Projects such as the Luweera Uganda Library Project
To learn more about this event and other initiatives by the Stittsville Rotary Club, please visit http://www.stittsvillerotary.com/