The holidays are a great opportunity to get out and explore all of what Ottawa has to offer and Ottawa Tourism has provided a great list of some of the fun things you can get up to this weekend!
- Light up your weekend! Head to Upper Canada Village for Alight at Night, or Wesley Clover Parks for the Magic of Lights.
- Marvel at the Christmas Lights Across Canada and magical winter lightscapes show (projected onto the Peace Tower) as they light up the night through to January 7, 2018. FREE!
- Head to Gatineau Park for winter fun! Cross-country ski, snowshoe, and snow biking season is now open! Make sure to pick up your day or season pass online or in person at the Gatineau Park Visitor Centre.
- Enjoy the fresh air and ski just outside the downtown core of Ottawa at one of our nearby hills, including Camp Fortune, Mount Pakenham, Calabogie Peaks, Ski Vorlage, Edelweiss Valley, and Mont Cascades.
- Enjoy the sounds of the NAC Orchestra as it performs Handel’s Messiah at the National Arts Centre on Friday, December 22.
- On Friday, December 22, head to the Lansdowne Park Skating Court for the chance to skate with Santa and Zip-E the Elf! FREE!