I would like to take a moment to remind residents of City of Ottawa Schedule Changes occurring from December 23-January 2.
A full list of changes is available at: https://ottawa.ca/en/news/holiday-season-activities-and-schedule-changes
Some highlights include:
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, January 2, 2017.
- Pools, arenas and fitness centres will be operating on modified schedules during the holiday season, including modified swimming, skating and fitness schedules. Most recreation facilities are closed and public swimming, aquafitness, public skating and fitness schedules are cancelled on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. Please check ca or the facility of your choice for details.
- Registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas are cancelled during the holiday season; however, clients should check with their facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
Garbage, green bin and recycling:
- There will be no curbside or multi-residential green bin, recycling, garbage or bulky item collection on Christmas Day. Christmas Day’s pickup will take place on Boxing Day. Collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week. New Year’s Day pick-up will take place on Tuesday, January 2. Collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week. For curbside collection inquiries, refer to the collection calendar tool.
- Christmas trees will be collected on your regular scheduled collection day. Please remove all decorations. Christmas trees in plastic bags will not be collected.
OC Transpo will operate on a reduced schedule from December 25 to January 6.
- On Christmas Day and New Year’s Day, service will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- On December 26, a Saturday schedule will be in effect.
- On December 27, 28 and 29 and January 2, 3, 4, and 5, service will operate on a reduced weekday schedule.
- Special school services will not operate from December 25 to January 5.
- Call 613-560-1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for automated real time schedule information.
- For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, phone 613-741-4390 or visit com.
Para Transpo will operate a holiday service on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. Regular scheduled trips are automatically cancelled, but customers may book trips for these days by calling 613-244‑7272 on or after:
- December 18 for Christmas Day bookings
- December 19 for Boxing Day bookings
- December 25 for New Year’s Day bookings
Customers are reminded to suspend their regular booking if they will be on vacation during the holiday season.
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply during this time.
Municipal child care services:
- City-operated Child Care Centres will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.