On October 14th, 2017, 9runrun will be hosting its 8th annual run and your help is requested!
9runrun is Ottawa’s very own run in support of local emergency services. It is a community event that supports mental health programs in our community such as Do It For Daron (DIFD), bringing together runners, walkers, volunteers and spectators through its partnership with the Ottawa Police, Paramedic and Fire Departments.
Volunteers are needed to support traffic barricades along the race route, perhaps directly on your street.
Successful barricade management helps to ensure runners are kept safe throughout their run and keeps traffic moving as needed.
Volunteering is a great way to take in the race, be involved in the community, cheer on your friends and neighbours, and for students to collect community service hours! Youth under 16 years old are welcome when accompanied by an adult.
To date, the race has raised over $140, 000.00!
I would like to encourage all residents to consider helping out with the race for this great cause.
To register as a volunteer, please click here. For more information and to register as a racer, please visit http://www.9runrun.ca/
On October 14, 2017, the following road closures will be in effect to allow runners to safely complete the courses. Note that these times are approximate and may change closer to the date/without notice.
- 07:00 to 13:00 Abbott Street West – both directions will be closed from Stittsville Main Street to Westridge Dr
- 08:45 to 09:30 Stittsville Main Street – both direction from Abbott St to Fernbank Rd will be closed for the start of the 10K and Half Marathon races. The roadway will re-open once the last Half Marathon runner has passed by Fernbank Rd.
- 08:45 – 09:30 Closure of 10 K route (Stittsville Main, Brae Cres, Henry Goulbourn, Cypress Gardens, Snowberry Way, Westridge from Snowberry to Abbott)
- 08:45 to 09:45 Stittsville Main to Flewellyn – southbound lane closed till last half marathoner passes Flewellyn
- 08:55 hrs to 09:30 Westridge Rd – northbound will be closed from Snowberry St to Abbott St The road will reopen once the last 10k runner has passed and is on the trail
- 09:15 to 11:15 Flewellyn Rd – westbound only, will be closed from Main Street to Munster Rd. It will be re-opened once the last runner has turned onto Munster Rd.
- 09:30 to 11:15 Munster Rd – northbound lane only, will be closed from Flewellyn Rd to Fernbank Rd. It will be re-opened once the last runner has turned onto Fernbank Rd.
- 09:30 to 11:30 Fernbank Rd -eastbound will be closed from Munster Rd to Jinkinson Rd. It will be re-opened once the last runner has turned onto Jinkinson Rd.
- 09:30 to 12:00 Jinkinson Rd -both directions will be closed from Fernbank Rd to a location north of the Trans Canada Trail (passed the turn around point). It will re-open once the last runner is on the Trans Canada Trail.