Speeding in the Community


Speeding is an issue that the Ottawa Police Service and I as your councillor take very seriously.  The Ottawa Police rely on different sources of information, including assistance such as yours, to highlight problem areas and direct their resources appropriately.


If you witness speeding in your neighbourhood, please make note of the details of the car including make, colour, location and time of the occurrence, and if possible, license plate number and contact the Ottawa Police by utilizing their online reporting system at: http://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/contact-us/Online-Reporting.asp


Once your report is taken, you will be provided with a case number and the report will be assigned to the area traffic enforcement section for follow-up.  A police officer will then contact you in relation to their action.


I also welcome residents who have a speeding concern on their street, or streets nearby, to please contact my office to request use of our radar gun. My staff and I would be more than happy to set up a time when we can meet with you on-site to discuss your concerns and conduct an educational speed survey together.


Unfortunately, speeding is one of the top traffic violations throughout the City of Ottawa. I need the help of residents to report any instances of speeding to the police – the more speeding complaints the police receive from a certain area, the more resources they’re able to deploy to monitor that area.