The City of Ottawa reminds residents of the following schedule changes for Colonel By Day, Monday, August 7. For a complete list of closures, please visit: http://ottawa.ca/en/news/colonel-day-activities-and-schedule-changes
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, August 8.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, August 8.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For persons with a hearing-related disability, call TTY: 613-580-2401.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection:
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling, or garbage collection on Colonel By Day. Colonel By Day’s pickup will take place on Tuesday, August 8. In addition, the collection of green bin, recycling materials and garbage will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week. For curbside collection enquiries, refer to the collection calendar tool.
- There will be no multi-residential bulky items, green bin and recycling container collection on Colonel By Day. Colonel By Day’s pickup will take place on Tuesday, August 8. Recycling container and green bin collection will also be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week. However, multi-residential garbage container collection is not delayed and collection will take place on its regularly scheduled day during the week of August 7.
- OC Transpo will operate a Sunday schedule, with extra service added to routes 8, 94, 95 and 105. A family or group may travel all day with a DayPass which can be purchased for $10.25 from the bus operator when you board. A family/group can include up to six people with a maximum of two individuals aged 13 or older. Call 613-560-1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for automated schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, visit com or phone 613-741-4390
- OC Transpo Customer Service Centres will be closed with the exception of the Rideau Centre office, which will be open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Transit Information Centre (613-741-4390) will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- OC Transpo Customer Relations (613-842-3600) will be closed.
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service on August 7. Regular subscription bookings will be automatically cancelled. Customers may book trips for Colonel By Day on or after July 31 by calling 613-244-7272.
Para Transpo operations:
- Customer service (613-842-3681) – closed
- Administration (613-244-1289) – closed
- Taxi coupons (613-842-3670) – closed
- Reservations line (613-244-7272) – open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Trip cancellation and general inquiries (613-244-4636) – open 6 a.m.to 12:30 a.m.
- Some outdoor pools, indoor pools and fitness centres will be open for public swimming, fitness schedules, aquafitness and public skating with modified schedules. Please check with ottawa.ca or the facility of your choice for details.
- All beaches, splash pads and some wading pools, will be open, weather permitting.
- Most registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas are cancelled; however, clients should check with their facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
- Public skating will be offered at Bob MacQuarrie Recreation Complex, Jim Durrell Recreation Complex and Goulbourn Recreation Complex. Please check with ca for details.
- City of Ottawa summer camps will not be operating on August 7.
- City of Ottawa Archives, arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will be closed; however, clients should check ca or their facility to confirm, as some exceptions may apply.
- All Municipal Child Care Centres will be closed.
- All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed. Regular hours will resume on Tuesday, August 8.