Another weekend of large-scale, well-attended events around the downtown core will mean heavy impacts to traffic around the area.
Residents and visitors can expect delays and/or detours due to road closures and events. Please plan your travels prior to leaving.
- There will be numerous rolling road closures from all the races taking place on Saturday and Sunday as part of the Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend. Find information on all planned road closures and maps on the Tamarack Ottawa Race website.
- Travellers may experience traffic delays around Lansdowne this Saturday when then Ottawa Fury battle the Richmond Kickers beginning at 2 p.m.
- This Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., also marks another edition of the Great Glebe Garage Sale which will bring additional traffic and limit available parking in the area.
- As part of NOKIA Sunday Bike Days the Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway, Colonel By Drive and Sir George-Étienne Cartier Parkway will be closed to motorists between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Ottawa Welcomes the World – Ethiopia happens this Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., at the Horticulture Building, Lansdowne. Motorists can expect delays and limited parking in the area.
Using transit to get to and from these events is a great idea to travel hassle-free and OC Transpo’s Travel Planner can help you find the best route to your destination.