I would like to take a moment to remind residents of the following schedule changes for Victoria Day, Monday, May 22.
A full list of changes is available at: http://ottawa.ca/en/news/victoria-day-activities-and-schedule-changes-0
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, May 23.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, May 23.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For persons with a hearing-related disability, call TTY: 613-580-2401.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection:
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling or garbage collection on Victoria Day. Victoria Day’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, September 6. In addition, the collection of green bin, recycling materials and garbage will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week. For curbside collection enquiries, refer to the collection calendar tool.
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply during this time.
- OC Transpo will operate a Sunday schedule on Victoria Day. On Victoria Day, a family or group may travel all day with a DayPass, which can be purchased for $10.25 from the bus operator when you board.A family/group can include up to six people with a maximum of two individuals aged 13 or older.
- OC Transpo Customer Service Centres will be closed Victoria Day with the exception of the Rideau Centre office, which will be open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Para Transpo operations:
- Customer service (613-842-3681) – closed
- Administration (613-244-1289) – closed
- Taxi coupons (613-842-3670) – closed
- Reservations line (613-244-7272) – open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Trip cancellation and general inquiries (613-244-4636) – open 6 a.m.to 12:30 a.m.
- Many indoor pools and fitness centres will be open for public swimming, aquafitness, public skating and fitness classes with modified schedules. Please check with ottawa.ca or the facility of your choice for details.
Many registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas are cancelled on Victoria Day; however, clients should check with their facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
Public skating will be offered at Bob MacQuarrie Recreation Complex, Jim Durrell Recreation Complex and Goulbourn Recreation Complex. Please check with ottawa.ca for details.
Ottawa Public Health:
- The Sexual Health Centre and Satellite Clinics will be closed.
- The Dental Clinics and Well Baby Drop-in will be closed.
- Site program – Site office at 179 Clarence Street will be closed; however, the site mobile van will be operating on a regular schedule from 5 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Municipal child care services:
- All Municipal Child Care Centres will be closed.
Ottawa Public Library:
- All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, May 23.
I hope that all residents have a safe and enjoyable Victoria Day long weekend!