With Ottawa 2017 fully underway, I am thrilled to invite residents to the next signature event coming to the Byward Market.
Opening this Saturday at noon, Inspiration Village is a temporary artistic installation in the heart of the City which features special exhibits, demonstrations and performances that showcase Canada’s provinces, territories and our diverse culture. Among the many activities, visitors will be able to:
- step inside a sound studio and share stories about Canada and their vision for the future of our country
- enjoy culinary demonstrations showcasing Canadian food culture from across the nation
- dress-up in Canadian-themed costumes and props at the Inspiration Village Photo Booth
- take a guided virtual tour of Parks Canada’s natural and cultural treasures from coast to coast to coast
- express creativity and imagine the next great Canadian invention at the Build-a-Nation Station
- take your photo with the giant Ottawa letters on display or in cut-outs of polar bears and beluga whales
- take in live dance, musical and artistic performances representing all provinces and territories as well as local up-and-coming artists and previews of Ottawa area festivals
- discover and connect with the incredible diversity of land, history and awe-inspiring places to explore and experience in Canada and much, much more!
The village is built from sea containers – a flexible, sustainable and cost-effective building material that’s gaining interest around the world.
Located on York Street in Ottawa’s historic ByWard Market, Inspiration Village is free and open to the public daily from noon to 8 p.m. until September 4.
I highly encourage all residents to stop by this once in a lifetime opportunity celebrating Canada’s sesquicentennial anniversary! For more information on this and other 150th celebration events, please visit www.ottawa2017.ca