As part of the Public Transit Infrastructure Fund (PTIF), provided by the Federal Government, OC Transpo will be able to provide additional new bus shelters and bus pads, and make improvements to bus stops on roadways with a rural cross section.
Construction will take place during the 2017 construction season. In Ward 6, the following improvements are planned:
- Hazeldean / Lowe’s
- West Ridge Dr (East side) & Abaca NS
- West Ridge / Bell
- West Ridge / Renshaw
- Stittsville Main / Kimpton
- Granite Ridge / Cinnabar
Rural Stop Improvements:
- Carp (East side) / Rothbourne NS
- Fernbank (South side) / Arrowwood NS
- Fernbank (North side) / Cherry NS
- Fernbank N / Sunnyside NS
I am happy to hear that several locations in Stittsville will be receiving these new OC Transpo improvements and I look forward to seeing them once they are installed.