I would like to take a moment to share with residents an update to the planned construction pertaining to the Sidewalk and Pathway Reconstruction Project.
Due to the age and condition of the existing sidewalks and pathways, the City of Ottawa will be proceeding with the reconstruction at various locations. Work will involve the removal and replacement of existing sidewalks and curbs, as well as catch basin adjustments. During the construction there may be temporary lane reductions and parking restrictions.
Construction is presently scheduled to start this spring (the actual schedule has yet to be confirmed) and notices will be delivered to the neighbouring residents and businesses prior to construction start.
The City of Ottawa will be replacing sidewalks in the following areas:
- Ward 6: Palladium Dr/Cyclone Taylor Blvd and Frank Finnigan Way
- Ward 8: Centrepointe Park Multi-use pathway
- Ward 9: Canfield Rd (Valleyview Rd to Greenbank Rd)
- Wards 10 and 16: Albion Rd (Walkley Rd to Kitchener Ave)
- Wards 14 and 17: Metcalfe Street (Isabella to Catherine Street)
- Ward 14: the corners of Lisgar and Metcalfe.
- Ward 15: Clearview Ave (Northwestern Ave to Keyworth Ave) and Premier Ave (Northwestern Ave to Keyworth Ave)
- Ward 16: Paul Anka Dr (Uplands Dr to McCarthy Rd)
- Ward 21: Beaverwood Rd (Ann St to Manotick Main St)
This work is tentatively planned to begin this spring with completion anticipated by fall, 2017, weather dependent. For any questions, please call 3-1-1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.