The City of Ottawa has received a revised Site Plan submission for their proposal to construct a new one-storey building with mezzanine and inventory parking area for an automobile dealership. The property is located on the north side of Hazeldean Road, at the intersection of Sweetnam Drive and Hazeldean Road. The site is currently occupied by a temporary sales office and graveled automotive sales dealership for the Canadian Auto Mall.
The applicant has advised that the revised plans include the following changes:
- Enhanced landscaping (including several new trees) in front of the building, along the eastern edge of the property and across the rear of the site
- The entire parking/storage areas is now shown as asphalt (some areas were previously shown as gravel)
- Changes to the front face of the building, including the addition of masonry, additional glazing (windows) and an entry door facing Hazeldean Road.
- A longer throat length is now proposed, for safer vehicular access and egress.
- They have confirmed that garbage will be stored inside the building and collected at regular intervals
For more information and to provide comments on the revised plans by March 3, 2017 please contact myself and the City Planner Kimberley Baldwin at Kimberley.Baldwin@ottawa.ca or 613-580-2424 x23032.