I would like to take a moment to remind residents of some of the changes upcoming to enhance Stittsville residents’ OC Transpo experience within the next few weeks.
Beginning December 25:
- Route 162 will experience evening trip timing changes to better align with shift end times of Tanger Outlet employees.
- Eastbound trips from Stittsville and Kanata on Routes 63, 64, and Connexion routes will serve Bayshore Station at all times in the morning, to provide a consistent connection point for customers traveling to the federal Department of National Defence at Carling Campus on Moodie Drive.
Beginning January 1:
- Express route premiums will no longer be required. I encourage residents who rely on Express Routes 261, 262, and 263 to visit prestocard.ca to ensure that they do not overpay their monthly Presto card fees.
- All morning trips of Routes 261, 262, and 263 now serve Bayshore for better connections to Carling Campus on Moodie.
- To expedite service in the afternoon, Routes 261, 262, and 263 no longer stop at Westboro, Dominion, Lincoln Fields or Pinecrest stations (however, there will be a mandatory connection available at Bayshore Station)
Other changes worth noting include the upcoming route-renumbering and Connexion Service occurring throughout the City to help prepare with the transition to the Light Rail Transit (LRT) network. Former Express Routes will now be renamed Connexion Routes and all will be renumbered to the 200 series.
A new park and ride lot is now available at Innovation Station with more than 250 free parking spaces with direct service to and from downtown approximately every 15 minutes during peak periods.
In addition, on January 1st, cash fare is reduced and single-ride fares are adjusted so that cash and e-Purse prices are more closely aligned. A new Youth Pass for those aged six to 19 will replace the Student Monthly Pass. Children aged five and under continue to ride for free.
I hope that these upcoming changes prove useful for Stittsville residents. Of course, should anyone have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at Shad.Qadri@ottawa.ca.