I would like to take a moment to remind residents of City of Ottawa Schedule Changes occurring from December 24-January.
A full list of changes is available at: http://ottawa.ca/en/news/holiday-season-schedule-changes-7
Some highlights include:
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and the statutory holiday, Tuesday, December 27 in lieu of Boxing Day, and New Year’s Day. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, January 3, 2017.
- Pools, arenas and fitness centres will be operating on modified schedules during the holiday season, including modified swimming, skating and fitness schedules. Most recreation facilities are closed and public swimming, aquafitness, public skating and fitness schedules are cancelled on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. Please check ca or the facility of your choice for details.
- Public skating will be offered at Bob MacQuarrie Recreation Complex, Jim Durrell Recreation Complex and Goulbourn Recreation Complex. Please check with ca for details.
- Registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas are cancelled during the holiday season; however, clients should check with their facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
Garbage, green bin and recycling:
- Curbside or multi-residential green bin, recycling, garbage will take place on its regular day with no changes to the collection schedule.
- Multi-residential garbage and recycling container collection will take place on its regularly scheduled day with no changes.
- Christmas trees will be collected on your regular scheduled collection day. Please remove all decorations. Christmas trees in plastic bags will not be collected.
- OC Transpo will operate on a reduced schedule from December 25 to January 6.
- On Christmas Day and New Year’s Day, service will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- On Monday, December 26, a Saturday schedule will be in effect.
- On December 28, 29 and 30 service will operate on a reduced weekday schedule.
- Special school services will not operate from December 25 to January 6.
- Call 613-560-1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for automated real time schedule information.
- For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, phone 613-741-4390 or visit com.
- Customers should check the holiday schedules before heading out as OC Transpo routes will operate on a Saturday schedule on December 31.
- Para Transpo operations: Para Transpo Administration (613-244-1289) and Taxi Coupon (613-842-3670) offices will be closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day, December 27, New Year’s Day, and January 2, but Reservations (613-244-7272) will be open regular hours.
Para Transpo will operate a holiday service on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. Regular scheduled trips are automatically cancelled, but customers may book trips for these days by calling 613-244‑7272 on or after:
- December 18 for Christmas Day bookings
- December 19 for Boxing Day bookings
- December 25 for New Year’s Day bookings
Customers are reminded to suspend their regular booking if they will be on vacation during the holiday season.
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply during this time.
Municipal child care services:
- All Municipal Child Care Centres will be closed on Christmas Day, December 26 and 27, and New Year’s Day.