The Stittsville Goulbourn Horticultural Society is the official garden club of Stittsville, Richmond, Munster and Ashton.
Founded in 1962, they offer programs that include regular monthly meetings (July & August excepted) with special speakers, photography competitions, flower shows, events (i.e. bus tours, garden tours), and an Annual Christmas Pot Luck Supper.
Members of the society have abundant access to:
- Education about horticulture through meetings, publications, workshops & seminars
- Beautification of home and community
- Environmental preservation and restoration
- Promotion of quality of life through horticulture
- Support of the provincial Master Gardener program
- Promoting accessible gardening and gardening therapy
Members come together to share their interest and enthusiasm in gardening. As a volunteer organization, all members have an opportunity to participate in the management and direction of the Society and to participate in the special community projects they sponsor such as the planters in Village Square Park or more recently, the floral arrangements surrounding local businesses.
To find out more about the Stittsville Goulbourn Horticultural Society, please visit their website here.